Sunday, April 28, 2013

Puerto Galera: Trip Highlights


Puerto Galera was surprisingly fun and awesome! It’s so convenient and cheap, with less than 1000php you can already escape the chaos of the city. Add to that the plethora of activities that can keep everyone occupied especially the kids. I am definitely putting this in my favorite places, although my list can’t be trusted since I really am not that hard to please (read.. mababaw ang kaligayahan). Give me beach and a sunshiny weather, and I’m a happy beach bummer. Speaking of lists, I give you once again a list of our trip highlights:  

1. Coco Beach Resort
Froi and I are so used to staying at budget accommodations that our stay at Coco Beach Resort was such a treat. Thanks to my sister whom we forced into paying for everything..haha. It may not spell luxury, but we love its rustic and tropical ambiance. We will definitely come back to this place, sobrang bitin yung 3 days. You can read more about this resort HERE.





2. Island Hopping Tour
Our island hopping trip was another wonderful surprise. We chartered a boat to take us to Coral gardens, Haligi Beach, and White Beach.

Coral Gardens
Snorkeling in coral gardens was amazing. So far, my top 3 favorite snorkeling sites in the Philippines are:
1.     Apo Island Marine Park, Dumaguete
2.     Coral Gardens, Puerto Galera
3.     Coral Gardens, Coron
I have yet to see Apo Reef in Mindoro. Care to share your favorite snorkeling sites in the Philippines?
There are touts here who will do their best to persuade you to go snorkeling while being pulled by a small boat. They can be very persistent. If you decide to avail of this, it cost 300/pax. But try haggling, they were lowering down their rate to 100/pax just to convince us. Bring booties, fins, and your own mask and snorkel.

Haligi Beach
Haligi beach is another one of the many coves in the island. Nothing spectacular, but a good stop over nonetheless.


White Beach
 I had always shied away from White Beach thinking that it was too crowded, loud and a party place, with trash scattered everywhere, and boy was I surprised. People were flocking to this place for a reason, it was beautiful with its azure waters and white sand. If you want to escape the crowd, come here on a weekday to fully enjoy an escape from the summer heat of the city.




Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment